These Terms and Conditions are effective on March 9, 2017.
- The user must be at least 18 years of age to use the Services.
- The user must be truthful in the application in order to receive accurate legal advice.
- Upon payment of a monthly retainer of $19.99, the user agrees to be a member of the application and conduct himself/herself in good faith and in accordance with all Federal, State and Local laws.
- The application will only require the bare minimum personal information in an effort to protect and maintain user’s privacy.
- Upon discovery of any potential conflict of interest between users, My Lawyer is Coming will offer to mediate the dispute or withdraw as counsel from both parties.
- The application will not transmit or sell any of user’s information to any third-party ever.
- The attorney-client relationship is terminable by either party at any time with the user being entitled to a refund managed by Apple.
- If the user downloads the application but chooses not to be retained on a monthly basis then The Firm owes the user no attorney-client duty but all communication will remain confidential.
- The intent of the application is to provide answers to everyday questions and access to immediate help.
- The Firm will neither come to the scene nor aide any client in any drunken driving related situation. Please delete this app if you intend on using it to duck a DUI.
- The user is responsible for keeping his/her password secret and secure.
- The user is responsible for any activity that occurs through the user’s account and the user agrees the user will not sell, transfer, license or assign his/her account, followers, username, or any account rights.
- The use of the purchased version of the application invokes he attorney-client privilege and the user agrees to perform under that privilege. As such, all communication on the application is intended only for the user and shall not be re-transmitted or re-broadcasted in any manner.
- Subscription Terms: 1 month (1 issue)
– Price: $19.99 per month
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
– No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Purchase Agreement and Intended Use
The user is independently responsible for complying with all applicable laws in all of the user actions related to the user’s use of the Services, regardless of the purpose of the use. If the user is using the Services on behalf of a legal entity, the user shall represent that the user is authorized to enter into an agreement on behalf of that legal entity.
- The purchase of a $19.99 monthly retainer will allow the user to send questions to an attorney and have them answered within 24 hours. More often that not, the user’s question(s) will be answered within 4 to 7 hours. The user’s inquiries are unlimited (subject to discretion for idiotic inquiries)
- The payment of $19.99 will be made via Apple In-App Purchase.
- An appointment is based on availability and must be scheduled using the calendar feature in the application.
- The application has a “My Lawyer is Coming” feature that will immediately bring a lawyer to the user’s location (and when we say immediately, we mean the time it takes to get to the user – we are working on teleportation but no luck yet).
- The application features a chat option for inquiries, which will allow the user to chat with a lawyer during hours of operation. Additionally, a calendar option is available for the user to schedule an appointment to speak with a lawyer via telephone, videoconference, or in-person. These features are intended to provide the user with quick access to legal assistance.
- The application has an evidence-upload feature, which will allow the user to upload any information relevant to their issue (e.g., contract, bill of sale, picture, etc.). This information will remain confidential and the attorney-client privilege will apply to the content uploaded. This privilege is revocable should the content uploaded suggest a harm committed to society or evidence of a crime yet to be committed.
- The application shall never be used for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- The application is intended to provide the user with access to legal-related information and advice that ensures that the user is not taken advantage of in life. As such, the application is not intended to be used for nefarious purposes.
- The user is solely responsible for his/her conduct and any data, text, files, information, images, graphics or photos uploaded into the application.
- All free users are owed no duty by The Firm as the user’s only access will be the application’s text a question feature. The firm will keep all conversations confidential but will not be engaged in an attorney-client relationship unless the user retains.
- We reserve the right to refuse access to the Services to anyone for any reason at any time.
- The user agrees that the user is responsible for all data charges the user incurs through use of the Service.
- The Firm respects other people’s rights, and expect the user to do the same.
Governing Law & Venue
Except if the parties agree to opt-out and except for certain types of disputes described in the arbitration section below, the user agree that disputes between the user and The Firm will be resolved by binding, individual arbitration and the user waives the user’s right to participate in a class action lawsuit or class-wide arbitration.
By accessing or using the Services the user represents and warrants that the user’s activities are lawful in every jurisdiction where the user accesses or uses the Services. The Firm does not endorse content and specifically disclaim any responsibility or liability to any person or entity for any loss, damage (whether actual, consequential, punitive or otherwise), injury, claim, liability or other cause of any kind or character based upon or resulting from any content.
Limitation of Liability and Waiver
Under no circumstances will The Firm be liable to the user for any loss or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, for any direct, indirect, economic, exemplary, special, punitive, incidental or consequential losses or damages) that are directly or indirectly related to: (a) the service; (b) the My Lawyer is Coming content; (c) user content; (d) the user’s use of, inability to use, or the performance of the Services; (e) any action taken in connection with an investigation by The Firm or law enforcement authorities regarding the user or any other party’s use of the Services; (f) any action taken in connection with copyright or other intellectual property owners; (g) any errors or omissions in the Services’ operation; or (h) any damage to any user’s computer, mobile device, or other equipment or technology including, without limitation, damage from any security breach or from any virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line or network failure or any other technical or other malfunction, including, without limitation, damages for lost profits, loss of goodwill, loss of data, work stoppage, accuracy of results, or computer failure or malfunction, even if foreseeable or even if The Firm has been advised of or should have known of the possibility of such damages, whether in an action of contract, negligence, strict liability or tort (including, without limitation, whether caused in whole or in part by negligence, acts of god, telecommunications failure, or theft or destruction of the service). In no event will The Firm be liable to the user or anyone else for loss, damage or injury, including, without limitation, death or personal injury. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to the user. In no event will the The Firm’s total liability to the user for all damages, losses or causes or action exceed one hundred United States dollars ($100.00).
The user agrees that in the event the user incurs any damages, losses or injuries that arise out of the use of the Services, including acts or omissions, the damages, if any, caused to the user are not irreparable or sufficient to entitle the user to an injunction preventing any exploitation of any web site, service, property, product or other content owned or controlled by The Firm, and the user will have no rights to enjoin or restrain the development, production, distribution, advertising, exhibition or exploitation of any web site, property, product, service, or other content owned or controlled by The Firm.
By accessing the Services, the user understands that the user may be waiving rights with respect to claims that are at this time unknown or unsuspected. The Firm is not responsible for the actions, content, information, or data of third parties, and the user release The Firm, its directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim the user has against any such third parties.
User will cooperate as fully required by The Firm in the defense of any claim. The Firm reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by user, and user will not in any event settle any claim without the prior written consent of The Firm.