Welcome to My Lawyer is Coming! (“MLIC,” “we,” “us” or “our”). My Lawyer is Coming is an App to effectively and efficiently communicate with your attorney. All information is encrypted and protected by the attorney-client privilege.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users“).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the bare minimum information in order to protect your privacy. Users only provide name, email and phone number in order to access the App.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your name, phone number, and e-mail address when you register for an account.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service.
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or App. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or App is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
The App will never share, rent, sell or use your information (name, username, email and phone number) and the attorney-client privilege applies to all communication on the App.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which the App maintains facilities.
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, My Lawyer is Coming is not responsible for any breach as a result of user error.
Please do your part to help. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to communication between you and the App, at all times.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, My Lawyer is Coming may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
My Lawyer is Coming does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 18. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us.
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES